Thursday, December 2, 2010

Some backstory...

Hmmm...how to begin this?
I suppose I should really start at the beginning. 2009 that is. November.
I bought myself an iPhone so that I could take decent photographs during a visit with extended family. I was meeting my cousins for the first time and I wanted to capture all the memories that I was sure to make. It was the first time in years that I had the ability to take half-way decent photographs. I went camera crazy. I do believe that I was in love.
A few weeks later I was back home, lying in bed, when I was struck with inspiration. I would upload one photograph to Facebook every day for a year. Not an original idea, but exciting just the same. It was easy enough with my new phone. Uploading photos was really very simple. I wrote myself a note so as not to forget my genius plan, and that was that.
Cut to a year later and I am almost complete with my project. It is Day 337 and I honestly cannot believe that I have done it. And beyond just gaining a sense of accomplishment, I have learned a lot. It turns out that I really, really enjoy photography. A lot. I also really love documenting my life. I don't think that I have the heart to give this up at the end of the year.
That's why I have made this blog.
That's why I have a $600 dollar camera arriving in the mail tomorrow.
Because I am absolutely crazy. And absolutely, head-over-heels in love with this project, with photography.
So here's to year two.
Here's to A Year in Pictures: 2011.

-Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment